While Lent may look different for us this year, we still have an opportunity to come together as a church family and serve our neighbors. Now more than ever before, many in our community are struggling to make ends meet. Dorcas Ministries Food Pantry needs our donations. The Mission team is challenging each of us to donate 40 food items to the pantry between now and Easter Sunday.
How can our family help?
- Purchase the items during regular grocery shopping, either on line or in person.
- Drop the items off at Dorcas Ministries – do NOT bring them to Genesis as we have no way to collect and deliver.
- Drop everything at once or drop items over time.
- If you prefer, you may visit the Dorcas Ministries website and click on their Amazon Wish List to purchase items and have them shipped directly.
What should we purchase?
- It is up to you. Any non-perishable food item is appreciated.
- Genesis sponsors the baking shelf so you can focus on baking items if you wish.
Where do we drop off the food?
- Food donations should be delivered directly to the pantry, which is located at the front of the Dorcas Plaza, to the right of the thrift store. There’s a donation cart there on Mon-Fri from 9am-3pm and Saturday 10am-2pm for no contact drop-off.
Prayerfully consider participating in this Lenten mission challenge. Participate as an individual, a family, or even partner with another family or neighbor.
Take a photo of the items you donate and share with us on the GUMC Member Group Facebook page.
Genesis Missions Team