Genesis Care Ministries has opportunities available for you to grow as a disciple of Christ and to use your gifts to care for others. There is room for you in each of these ministry areas. Contact Kim Kligerman today!
Card Ministry – Send cards to members and friends of the congregation to share God’s love and care.
Congregational Care – Encourage members and share the congregation’s love with those who are unable to attend church. Contact may include visits, phone calls and cards.
Journeying through Grief book ministry – Send out Journeying through Grief books to those whose loved ones have passed. A set of 4 books are sent individually at 4 key times during the first year. This is an independent ministry that can be done from home and can be started immediately. Supplies provided.
Make A Dish Ministry – Provide a meal to a congregational family dealing with a life situation. Join the team! firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prayer Ministry Team -Join the team and serve the congregation in various ways. Join the team and learn where you can help!
- Coordinates and distributes Prayer Requests from members, friends and the community.
- Coordinates GenesisPrays meetings to pray for Genesis church and its ministries, our community, the nation, and the world.
- Develops Breakthrough prayers and introduces them to the congregation 4-5 times during the year.
- Publishes a Monthly Prayer Calendar to help focus the congregation on one prayer topic each day.
- Provides resources and occasional classes to help the congregation in their prayer life.
Stephen Ministry – Express interest to be trained as a Stephen Minister. Contact the Stephen Leaders, Lynn Mull or Kim Kligerman at email@example.com.
Stephen Ministers provide confidential one-on-one care (man to man, or woman to woman) by listening, empathizing and praying with a care receiver who is facing a life crises of any kind. Stephen Ministers receive 50 hours of training, participate in supervision, and commit to serve the congregation for a minimum of 2 years.
Is there something you would like to start at Genesis? Reach out to Kim Kligerman so we can equip you to serve the congregation and community!