THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Genesis Mission is to Become and Make Disciples. Genesis members commit to Love God, Love Neighbor, and Serve others.
A Disciple is a follower of Christ that grows, shares, and lives their faith every day .
A Disciple of Christ has these basic beliefs:
GOD is the Creator of everything. He loves and rules over all Creation according to His perfect plan. He knows everything. He is in control of everything. His love and mercy endures forever.
JESUS Is the Messiah, the Son of God, that came to earth to save us. He is fully human and fully God. Jesus lived a sinless life, died for us in the cross, and rose from the death. His resurrection paid for our sins and restored our relationship with God.
God created PEOPLE to love Him and give Him glory. People are created in His image, but we are not perfect. We are sinners. Our sin separates us from God. Anyone who repents of sin and trust Jesus will be saved. Jesus is the only way to reach God.
The BIBLE is God’s Word that tells us what is true about God and about ourselves. The Bible is true and has no errors. It teaches us how to live according to God’s commandments to love Him, others, and yourself. God’s commands show us how life works best.
The CHURCH is all Christians everywhere that gather to worship and serve God. Jesus is the head of the church. The church exists to glorify God by worshiping Him, showing His love, and telling others about Jesus.
CHRISTIANS should glorify God for who He is and what He does. We glorify God by loving and obeying Him. We obey God because He made us, He loves us, and His plans are good. Christians overcome sin with the help of the Holy Spirit, by reading God’s Word, by praying. Our goal is to become like Jesus.
Genesis has developed resources to help children, youth and adults become Disciples of Christ and to grow, share and live their faith. Scroll to the appropriate age level:
Parents help their children grow in faith by:
- Teaching Christian character and values through their example.
- Worshiping in community, developing prayer habits, Scripture reading, and reverence for God.
- Intentionally making God part of the family’s planning and decisions.
Parents help their children live their faith by:
- Building intentional time for God in the rhythm of their family life.
- Looking to connect everyday moments to the truths found in God’s Word.
- Keeping Christian family traditions and rituals that celebrate our faith and the relevance of God in our lives.
- Celebrating milestones, skills, and gifts while praising God from whom all blessings flow.
Parents help their children share their faith by:
- Teaching how to “love your neighbor” by serving others, seeking justice, loving mercy, and walking humbly with the Lord. ()
- Committing to share God’s blessings and resources: time, money, and skills for the goodness of others, and for God’s glory.
- Introducing children to the concept of stewardship and Creation Care responsibility.
- By serving in the church, in the Children’s ministry, and in the community through missions that build God’s kingdom on earth.
Students can grow in their faith by:
- Actively participating in a Sunday morning Bible class and other small group study opportunities
- Worshiping regularly in an intergenerational community
- Spending time with a mentor in the faith
- Joining with other youth at Unleashed Sundays to learn about Christian views on today’s issues
Students can live their faith by:
- Developing the habit of regular Bible reading, prayer and serving others
- Celebrating Christian traditions and rituals that demonstrate God’s participation in their lives
- Sharing the gifts God has given them by serving in the church body
- Allowing their faith to guide them in decisions
Students can share their faith by:
- Participating in the missions of the church and Unleashed Youth
- Being intentional in inviting others to join them in service and activities at Genesis
- Living a life that includes decision making that reveals Christ as their primary anchor
- Becoming leaders within the church family and using their gifts and experiences to support their fellow students in their faith journey
Adults can grow in faith by
- Worship weekly with the congregation
- Attend Sunday Adult education classes
- Doing daily devotions/Bible reading
- Take an Adult bible Study
- Spend time with church friends and strengthening your faith together through prayer, support, and learning
Adults can live their faith by:
- Celebrate what God has given you and your family. Sending up special prayers of thanksgiving for what you have received from God.
- Incorporate daily practices of faith in their home, a daily prayer at meals, devotions in the morning or evening, add a Bible app on your phone (i.e. YouVersion) to use daily.
- Celebrate Christian holidays and create traditions for you to have or to share with your children or friends. Examples include holiday traditions, prayer calendars, blessing jars, scriptures, prayers, and devotions/scriptures written around the house
- Serve at the church
- Love Neighbor through Genesis Mission opportunities
- Attend worship and fellowship events at church
Adults can share their faith with others by:
- Invite a friend or neighbor to a church event or class
- Be kind and caring to those around you, take something to a sick friend, encourage a child in the neighborhood or church, work at Dorcas, volunteer with Kingswood elementary
- Write to church members unable to attend church
- Send thank you notes to police, sheriffs, firefighters, teachers, medical care givers
- Teach children, youth or adults in the church
- Encourage each other and our staff at the church and preschool
6 they shall shepherd the land of Assyria with the sword,
and the land of Nimrod at its entrances;
and he shall deliver us from the Assyrian
when he comes into our land
and treads within our border. (ESV)
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.” (ESV)
2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. (ESV)