THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Opportunities to live your faith at Genesis…
Living your faith daily is what God enjoys seeing. He has given us so many wonderful opportunities to live faith in our daily lives. Prayerfully consider how you can show your faith in God.
- Join a Christian study group at church: adult education class, disciple class, ladies’ or men’s bible study. Check current adult studies here: https://genesis-umc.org/adult-studies/
- Serve as an adult education leader or do a devotion or prayer in your weekly class
- Serve as a teacher or an assistant with the children’s ministry or youth ministry. Lead monthly or weekly, or supply snacks for their events.
- Participate in Genesis Care Ministries
- send cards, make a meal, care for the congregation, explore your spiritual gifts, serve as a Stephen Minister, participate in prayer.
- Simple acts of kindness…in a world that can be hard sometimes the simplest things show God’s love.
- Give a smile to the cashier or waiter, hold the door for someone, push your cart back for the store, ask how people are doing. Call your friend, neighbor, loved one, or senior person in your life. Write a note to someone to show you are thinking of them.
Take the next step…challenge yourself to take on something new to Grow, Share, or Live God’s word.
(The Following from Pam Smith Email Aug 30 2021)
- Faithfully attend worship services.
- Pray for Genesis church, it’s pastor(s) and staff. Attend prayer services.
- Attend Fellowship events:
- Christmas events, ladies’ luncheons, church plays and musicals, generational events, potlucks, worship in the park, mission opportunities etc.
- Support worship services by serving as a worship coordinator, greeter, usher, welcome host, coffee host, communion steward, or counter. Sign ups: https://genesis-umc.org/get-connected/ .
- Share your spiritual gifts and talents with the church. Adults can serve on various teams in the church:
- trustees, finance, admin council, missions, Bible study leaders, children’s and youth leaders/teachers, prayer team, audio/video team, computer/network support team, etc.
- Participate in Genesis Missions and programs.
- Worship through Music Opportunities; choir, handbells, praise team, musicals, special music events, AV /sound assistance,etc.
- Life Groups. Connect and share common interest with other adults at church. Synced Marriage Life group, Pickle ball, Book Club, Primetimers, FUEL (young adults),etc.