THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Adults can share their faith by participating in these Genesis ministries and missions.
- Serve in Worship. Genesis is a volunteer-driven community and we need you to make things work! It takes many people in different roles to make a worship service happen. You can serve during in-person worship in the following ways.
- Altar Guild. The Altar Guild prepares the Worship Room on Saturdays for Sunday worship services. Individuals serve on a rotational basis.
- Greeter. Greeters welcome people, share a kind word, open a door, and lend a helping hand as people enter the church.
- Welcome Host. The welcome hosts are in the gathering hall to greet and assist guests each Sunday.
- Usher. The church ushers welcome people, offer them a bulletin and help them get seated in our worship room. They help those with special needs and provide directions as needed.
- Communion Steward. Communion Stewards prepare the bread and juice prior to the service, and serve the communion elements during worship.
- Audio / Video Technician. The AV team control the audio and video portion of our worship services from the back of the worship room.
- Worship Coordinator. The Worship Coordinator’s responsibility is to make sure the worship room is prepared, and that all worship servants and items needed for the service are in place.
- Coffee Host. Join the Coffee Hosts in setting up, refilling and cleaning up our coffee fellowship time.
- Counter. The Counter’s responsibility is to help count and deposit the offering.
- Serve in the church office by helping with mailings, answering phones, etc.
- Serve in the Children’s or Youth Ministries as a mentor, class leader or help with confirmation classes.
- Facilitate an Adult Sunday School class, Fellowship or Life Group.
- Coordinate a churchwide or small group event.
- Participate in Genesis Music Ministries
- praise team,
- instrumental assemble,
- approach Marla about doing a special one-time event
- lead music with the children’s group or with youth
- participate in production of plays or musicals
- act, sing, do prop work or stage decorating
- Participate in Genesis Care Ministries
- Participate in Prayer Ministry events
- Take Spiritual Gifts Class
- Make Congregational Care Calls
- Join the Stephen Ministry team
- Attend New Journey… for widowed persons
- Join the Make-A-Dish Ministry
- Send books to those grieving
- Join the Card Ministry
- Reach out to the community through Genesis Missions
From Pam Smith Email 08/30/2021
- You can sign up to work the Dorcas Food pantry (sign up link here)
- Kingswood Elementary, adopt a teacher, tutor, food pantry, or Christmas project (mission info here)
- Attend a church event where there is a mission involved; Habitat for Humanity, Down East Disaster, Rise against Hunger recovery, Chatham Commons Nursing Home, Church wide food drive, etc.
- Get involved with the youth or children and teach them ways to help others.
- A simple way is to say hello to someone at church and ask how their week is going.
- Send a card to someone who needs a kind thought in the congregation,
- Pray Daily or Weekly for those in need