Opportunities to live your faith at Genesis…
Living your faith daily is what God enjoys seeing. He has given us so many wonderful opportunities to live faith in our daily lives. Prayerfully consider how you can show your faith in God.
- Faithfully attend worship services.
- Support worship services by serving as a worship coordinator, greeter, welcome host, audio/video team, coffee host, altar guild, communion server, or offering counter. Sign ups: https://genesis-umc.org/get-connected/
- Pray for Genesis church, it’s pastor(s) and staff. Attend prayer services.
- Utilize resources available in the Genesis Library. You can see what is available here: Genesis UMC on LibraryThing.com
- Attend Fellowship events:
- Christmas events, ladies’ luncheons, church plays and musicals, generational events, potlucks, mission opportunities etc.
- Share your spiritual gifts and talents with the church. Adults can serve on various teams in the church:
- trustees, finance, admin council, missions, Bible study facilitators, children’s education leaders, and youth counselors and education leaders, prayer team, computer/network support team, etc.
- Be a mentor in your faith. Here are a few ways:
- Mentor a youth in the confirmation class
- Teach the children ages 0-5th grade …through children’s church or in the Sunday school hour
- Become an Adult education leader and teach a class or volunteer to substitute for your teacher
- Become a Stephen Minister and show care and support to a church member
- Visit the homebound by becoming a member of the Congregational Care team
- Take a moment to send a card to those who are ill or unable to attend church, or join the Genesis Card Ministry
- Celebrate Christian holidays and create traditions for you to have or to share with your children or friends. Examples include holiday traditions, prayer calendars, blessing jars, scriptures, prayers, and devotions/scriptures written around the house
- Participate in Genesis Missions and programs.
- Worship through Music Opportunities: choir, handbells, praise team, musicals, special music events, AV /sound assistance, etc.
- Life Groups. Connect and share common interest with other adults at church. Synced Marriage Life Group, Book Group, Primetimers, FUEL (young adults), etc.
- Pray for a specific topic each day using the Genesis Prayer Calendar.
- Join a Christian study group at church: adult education class, disciple class, ladies’ or men’s bible study. Check current adult studies here: https://genesis-umc.org/adult-studies/
- Participate in Genesis Care Ministries
- send cards, make a meal, care for the congregation, explore your spiritual gifts, serve as a Stephen Minister, participate in prayer.
- Simple acts of kindness…in a world that can be hard sometimes the simplest things show God’s love.
- Give a smile to the cashier or waiter, hold the door for someone, push your cart back for the store, ask how people are doing. Call your friend, neighbor, loved one, or senior person in your life. Write a note to someone to show you are thinking of them.
Take the next step…challenge yourself to take on something new to Grow, Share, or Live God’s word.