This is our corporate focus prayer from Genesis Prays June 24, 2020.
The Genesis Vision 2030 team, also known as Cornerstone, has invited the congregation to enter a time of prayerful discernment and offer feedback regarding the proposed building plan and increased monies and pledges needed to proceed. Let us keep the Genesis vision 2030 in mind as we pray tonight.
You are our guide and our light in this present day and in the future. We love being with you and being in your dwelling place. Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere. We look forward to the day when we will once again gather in your sanctuary together to praise and worship you.
Lord, we want to be diligent stewards of what you have given us and to plan ahead for how our church body will operate in the years to come. Give each of us wisdom and insight into how we fit into the 2030 vision for our church.
▪ Speak your will in a clear way to the whole congregation so that we understand your plan for Genesis.
▪ Touch the hearts of people that have not pledged, for them to consider investing in your kingdom for the benefit of the whole community, disregarding possible political stances of our denomination because the investment is fundamentally in your kingdom;
▪ Provide discernment for each of us in the congregation to be wise with money. Help us to keep in mind that money is not our god, that it comes and goes and it is good only when it builds a more just world;
▪ Bring us boldness to step out in faith, and invest in the future when the world wants to force us to consider just the present day;
▪ Help us to plant a tree knowing we are not going to sit under its shade;
▪ Direct our hearts so that Genesis may become a true missionary church, where all our efforts, pledges, and talents are directed to serve others in the best way for your glory.
May our congregation be good stewards of that which you have entrusted to us and seek to rightfully discern your plan for Genesis. Give us strength to hold fast to your promises, to do abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine for the glory of Christ our Lord.
We thank you for the gift of your Son and your presence. You are good, Lord, and your kingdom endures forever.
In Jesus Christ’s name we pray, amen.