Scroll to an area of interest:
- Subscribe to email communications
- Life Groups
- Adult Christian Education
- Ministries go to ministries page
- Missions go to missions page
- Dorcas Food Pantry
- Serve in Worship
To add an opportunity to this page, email email@example.com.
Group eMail Lists
Subscribe or unsubscribe from one of Genesis’ internal mailing lists. New requests will be sent to the list moderator(s) for approval.
- Genesis Family emails. Receive messages from the pastor or staff of Genesis.
- Various Genesis mailing lists
Weekly eMail Newsletter
Click here to subscribe to the Genesis Weekly eMail Newsletter.
LIFE GROUPS – a new ministry at Genesis UMC!
We all know that GOD’S TIMING IS PERFECT and we are listening to the advise from Genesis’ Task Force on re-opening the church. With that in mind, we have delayed Life Groups just a bit – until we can comfortably and safely meet outside!
We know you are all daydreaming about gathering with friends, missing your church family and looking to have some fun!! Sounds like you need a Life Group…so please STAY TUNED!!
Proposed groups are listed below. Sign up now if you see a group of interest, so we can inform you when it is ready to begin. Join the group when YOU feel safe.
Lead or co-lead a group! Email Pam Smith or Malana Houser at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns or suggestions!
Life Groups…Life in Many Ways….Together!
Click on links below to see a description of the group and to sign up!
NEW GROUP! FUEL For Adults in their 20’s….join us for FUEL – an energized group of young adults gathering via Zoom each Wednesday evening at 8 pm. You will be supported, study some interesting topics, and share prayer concerns. Currently underway is “The Color of Compromise”, a study of the church’s relationship with slavery. Be surrounded by other young adults and build lasting relationships. Contact email@example.com for zoom information.
- EMPTY NESTERS
- FRIENDS & FELLOWSHIP BIBLE STUDY
- FUEL: COFFEE & PRAYER (adults in 20’s)
- G3 – GOD GAMES GATHER
- LOVE NEIGHBOR
- PARKING LOT PICNIC
- PICKLEBALL & PRAYER
- STARLIGHT MOVIE GROUP
- WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?
Enjoy fellowship and insight with your Christian friends at Genesis. Grow in relationship with God and learn more about God and His Word. The Adult Christian Education page includes weekly small group Christian education classes, Man2Man, LIFT (ladies in faith together) studies and Disciple long and short term studies.
Genesis Music Ministry is always seeking musicians!
- Praise Team Singers
- Children’s Choir workers
- Adult Handbells
- Youth Handbells
- Reflect & Renew Musicians
Contact our Music Director, Marla Ham to let her know your interest.Contact Marla Ham
Serve at the Dorcas Food Pantry on Saturdays on a rotating schedule.Contact Mission Leader
We are not holding in-person gatherings due to COVID-19. Schedules will be updated once we are able to resume worship. Watch our homepage for the latest information.
Genesis is a volunteer-driven community and we need you to make things work!
It takes many people in different roles to make a worship service happen. Serve during in-person worship services. Click on the item in the list below to share in the work of the church.
- Altar Guild. The Altar Guild prepares the Worship Room on Saturdays for Sunday worship services. Individuals serve on a rotational basis.
- Greeter. Greeters welcome people, share a kind word, open a door, and lend a helping hand as people enter the church.
- Welcome Host. The welcome hosts are in the gathering hall to greet and assist guests each Sunday.
- Usher. The church ushers welcome people, offer them a bulletin and help them get seated in our worship room. They help those with special needs and provide directions as needed.
- Communion Steward. Communion Stewards prepare the bread and juice prior to the service, and serve the communion elements during worship.
- Audio / Video Technician. The AV team control the audio and video portion of our worship services from the back of the worship room.
- Worship Coordinator. The Worship Coordinator’s responsibility is to make sure the worship room is prepared, and that all worship servants and items needed for the service are in place.
- Coffee Host. Join the Coffee Hosts in setting up, refilling and cleaning up our coffee fellowship time.
- Counter. The Counter’s responsibility is to help count and deposit the offering.