Genesis UMC Adult Ministries provides education and spiritual development to enable adults to grow together in faith and community.
Adult Christian Education
Enjoy fellowship and insight with your Christian friends at Genesis. Grow in relationship with God and learn more about God and His Word. Adult Christian Education includes weekly small group Christian education classes, Man2Man, LIFT (ladies in faith together) studies and Disciple long and short term studies. Members and guests are welcome to join at any point!
- Faith Tertulia
- Hands of Hope
- Verse by Verse
You can find the current topics for these classes on this news post :
Disciple Bible Studies
Genesis offers long-term Disciple Bible Study classes. These studies are an excellent way to learn more about the Bible in a small group setting, and how God’s Word can be applied to your daily lives.
All the Disciple classes include daily readings of selected Scriptures along with commentaries from various Christian authors. During the class meetings, there will be a video presentation and discussion of the daily readings.
- Disciple 1 is a prerequisite for any of the other Disciple studies. Disciple 1 goes through the entire Bible.
- Disciple 2 focuses on Genesis, Exodus, Luke and the book of Acts.
- Disciple 3 looks at the Prophets of the Old Testament and the letters of the Apostle Paul.
- Disciple 4 studies various writings in the Old Testament, the Gospel of John and the book of Revelation.
- Christian Believer is a study of the basic tenets of the Christian faith.
- Jesus in the Gospels focuses on the portraits of Jesus found in the the four Gospels – Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
If you have questions about Disciple studies, contact email@example.com
LIFT Bible Study
Ladies In Faith Together (LIFT) meets weekly, each Tuesday @ 10 a.m.. Contact LIFT@genesis-umc.org for more information.
A sample of our studies includes All Things New by Kelly Minter; The Faithful – Heroes of the Old Testament; The Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer; What Matters Most by Karen Ehman. Please come and join us!
MAN2MAN Bible Study
Man2Man, meets the 1st and 3rd Mondays @ 6:30 pm at Genesis. Bring your your Bible. Sign up to receive emails.