Genesis UMC Care Ministries offers opportunities for those who are growing as disciples of Christ to use their gifts to care for others, and for those who are going through life challenges to receive Christian care. One-on-one care, small groups and other resources are available.
- Card Ministry
- Congregational Care
- Journeying through Grief
- Make A Dish Ministry
- New Journey… for widowed persons
- Prayer Ministry
- Spiritual Gifts
- Stephen Ministry
This ministry team sends cards to members and friends of the congregation to let them know we love them and are praying for them.
Congregational Care team encourages members and shares the congregations love with those who are unable to attend church.
- Homebound or Recovering
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing
Contact may include visits, phone calls and cards.
Journeying through Grief
Journeying through Grief is a simple, powerful way of caring for those who are grieving. A set of four short books are sent to people at four crucial times during the first year after the loss of a loved one. Author Kenneth C. Haugk walks alongside the reader through the grief journey, sharing helpful insights about grief, biblical truths, and stories that provide comfort and reassurance.Contact Kim Kligerman
Make A Dish
The Make A Dish team serves congregational families dealing with life situations.
Contact Linda Binkley, email@example.com.
New Journey is a group for widowed persons to come together in fellowship and support of one another. We are on a new journey together. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month with a focus on fellowship.
Contact Michelle Piccirillo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Genesis UMC Prayer ministry is to foster a personal relationship with God by:
- Praying for our church, community, nation and world;
- Encouraging prayer as a vital part of every church mission and ministry; and
- Instructing, equipping, and enabling others to pray.
The Prayer ministry receives, distributes and lifts up prayer requests from members, friends and the community. Prayer requests may be sent to email@example.com
Monthly Prayer Calendar
The Prayer Ministry publishes a monthly prayer calendar to focus our hearts and minds on one prayer topic each day.
GenesisPrays meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month September – May, and once a month on the 4th Wednesday in June, July and August. Join in corporate prayer for our church and its ministries, our community, the nation, and the world. For information, email GenesisPrays@genesis-umc.org.
Breakthrough Prayer Initiative
In 2021, a Breakthrough Prayer Initiative began during Lent, 2021. A breakthrough prayer is a short prayer that the entire congregation prays together in their daily prayer life, individually and in small groups, classes, worship and anytime you pray. A new breakthrough prayer is introduced approximately ever other month.
A breakthrough prayer is an additive component of prayer. It adds a request in every prayer occasion for God to break through with new possibilities, hopes and dreams without limits – both in the life of our church and in our own lives… and that we surrender ourselves to what God may unfold. Breakthrough prayers … are loaded with spiritual dynamite, asking God to breakthrough in a particular aspect. – Sue Nilson Kibbey, Ultimate Reliance
- Lent 2021 Breakthrough Prayer: “God, help me see myself as you see me. Create in me a pure heart. Amen“
- Pentecost 2021 Breakthrough Prayer: “Come Holy Spirit! Help us tell people about God in new places and new ways. Amen”
- July 2021 Breakthrough Prayer: “Lord, Help me offer compassion and mercy to all. Amen“
- September 2021 Breakthrough Prayer: “Heavenly Father, help me to wait patiently and put my hope in You. Amen.”
- November 2021 Breakthrough Prayer: “God, we give thanks that you are good and your love lasts forever. Amen”
For more information about our Prayer Ministry click the button to contact our Prayer Ministry Leader.Contact Prayer Coordinator
Discover your unique blend of spiritual gifts, personal style and ministry passion. Serve in the way that God has gifted you so that you may grow closer to God. Spiritual Gifts class will help you understand who God has made you to be. The class is offered during Lent.
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to shared God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing. God does not intend for you to struggle alone.
– Are you in need of a caring, Christian who will listen, empathize, encourage, pray, provide confidential care, and patiently support you as you work through a crisis or difficult time?
– Do you know someone, perhaps a friend, neighbor, co-worker, colleague, or relative who could benefit from this type of care?
Learn more about our Stephen Ministry and how you, or your friend can be matched with a Stephen Minister, by contacting one of our Stephen Leaders below.Contact Lynn Mull Contact Kim Kligerman
Consider allowing a Stephen Minister to walk with you on your journey to wholeness.