Click on a mission to respond to current needs.
- The Carying Place
- Chatham Commons
- Dorcas Ministries Food Pantry
- Down East Mission
- Hats for Duke
- Kingswood Elementary
- Methodist Build
Genesis is beginning a new mission in the Cary area by partnering with The Carying Place. This organization serves the needy in our area by helping them transition from homelessness to independant living. Watch this space for updates and needs.
Due to Covid-19, we are unable to visit Chatham Commons. Please be in prayer for the residents and staff.
How can our family help?
- Purchase the items during regular grocery shopping, either on line or in person.
- Drop the items off at Dorcas Ministries – do NOT bring them to Genesis as we have no way to collect and deliver.
- Drop everything at once or drop items over time.
- If you prefer, you may visit the Dorcas Ministries website and click on their Amazon Wish List to purchase items and have them shipped directly.
What should we purchase?
- It is up to you. Any non-perishable food item is appreciated.
- Genesis sponsors the baking shelf so you can focus on baking items if you wish.
Where do we drop off the food?
- Food donations should be delivered directly to the pantry, which is located at the front of the Dorcas Plaza, to the right of the thrift store. There’s a donation cart there on Mon-Fri from 9am-3pm and Saturday 10am-2pm for no contact drop-off.
Volunteers Needed! Dorcas Ministries is dependent on Genesis UMC Volunteers to keep the food pantry open on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays. Please consider volunteering once or twice a month. You will work in the pantry with 2-3 others to sort food and greet shoppers. Shoppers do not enter the pantry. Dorcas has prepared a 12 minute video below that shows responsibilities of a volunteer and safety measures in place during the pandemic.
The sign up link has been updated for July-December 2021. Here is the new link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4FA5AD2E5-genesis2
Questions? Contact Miss Inglis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on the next Down East Relief trip on the third Saturday of each month. Assist with home repairs or build homes with Habitat for Humanity. email@example.com
Sew Hats for Cancer Patients! We are always in need of sewers. Pickup a portion of the 60 cut out hat patterns from Genesis along with sewing instructions. Hats are for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy at Duke Hospital. For more information, contact Olwyn Oxenham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Genesis UMC supports the teachers and families at Kingswood Elementary throughout the year.
For more information email email@example.com.
Each fall season, Genesis joins forces with other Methodist Churches to provide families with a Habitat for Humanity home they can proudly call their own. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our 2021 Fall Disaster Recovery Mission Trip is scheduled Sunday-Friday October 24-29. If you would like to learn more, email email@example.com